Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Strength

A little note on this. I was sitting in class on December 10th(prior to its beginning), and I was thinking and discussing my final paper for my Biblical Analysis class. Part of the assignment is the actual analysis paper, but there's a 2nd, creative, portion. I'm an engineer; the most creative thing that I call elegant is how to adequately prioritize data packets as they traverse the network. But, as I began to reread the portion of Scripture that I was doing my analysis on, I had a desire to write some text down. What follows is the text, and it is what I will be turning in as my creative portion of my final paper.

"As I move along on my journey, I ponder where my strength is coming from. Certainly, my body is my transport mechanism and the trail or road provides the path from my feet, but where does my strength come from?

I scan the terrain around me, seeing flowered plains and snow capped mountains, and the ponds, streams, and lakes that dot the landscape, but where does my strength come from, because it certainly doesn't come from my physical surroundings.

Then, in the middle of my viewing the things of power and beauty around me, I am suddenly struck by a realization! All of my strength comes from my Lord, the creator of all the strength and beauty around me! My Lord, who created even me, is my strength!

My Lord is so mindful of me that he provides me the sure footing required to stay on this path even when it is immensely treacherous. My Lord watches over me at all times and is always watching for my safety. It is as if He never sleeps!

When my trails lead me into areas that are very hot and no shade is available, He provides me shade and comfort. My Lord will protect me from the heat of the day and the cold of the night. When evening comes, and temperatures drop to frigid levels, He provides me the warmth to survive.

There are times in my travels where I come upon populated areas that are filled with very dangerous and hateful people. But, I need not worry for my life as my Lord is there to protect me as well! He keeps me safe in these environs and prepares for me tables of plenty even when my enemies are present. My Lord seals my safety in his arms!

Just as the Lord guides me, protects me, and gives me strength, He will do the same for you! He will keep your footing sure; He will keep the sun from causing injury; He will keep you warm; He will protect you from your enemies, from now to forever!!"

My passage is Psalms 121
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalms%20121&version=ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please provide your insight into the blog entry.